702 505 1722
Vocal, Music Professor:
I have taught singing for the almost 30 years ~ 20 years in Barcelona, Spain (in Spanish) and 6 years of private lessons here in Las Vegas and New York City.
My book “Singshop Método Integral de Canto” has been used as a text book in the renowned Music school Taller de Musics in Barcelona, where I taught all levels of students from beginners to professionals. http://www.tallerdemusics.com/
I have a very holistic method of teaching that includes yogic breathing, visualization (tools for pitch improvement), vocalizing, self confidence tools and ear training scales and exercises. I also have a repertoire of methods to help my students in their stage presence, microphone techniques and movement.
My classes and workshops have helped literally 1000’s of students in Spain to improve pitch, power and confidence.
I have been a professional singer, dancer and actor for 30 years, performing in a variety of venues including night clubs, concert halls and stadiums in New York City, Barcelona, Spain, and Las Vegas, NV. My repertoire includes jazz standards, popular music, hits from the 60’s, traditional blues, new age and other styles. I also add some Egyptian belly dance to my show which really stimulates audience response.
I can sing and perform in English, Spanish and French. I believe that my greatest talent as a performer is my ability to deeply touch the hearts of every single member of my audience.
Vocal Teaching experience
New York City
- 1985-1990 started “Singshop” group and private singing classes
- 1990-1991 Lailo Cultural Center
- 1991- 1993 Simfonia Escuela de Musica, Mataro – Music classes for children
- 1993- 2005 Ongoing private classes at my home
- 1995- 2005 Taller de Músics
- 2000 – I was chosen to assist the Summer Jazz course, Helsinki Finland
- 2006 to Present Private and group classes in my home studio
- Voice with David Sorin Collier, teacher of Bette Midler, Liza Minnelli and Manhattan Transfer- N.Y.C.
- Diaphragm training classes – N.Y.C.
- Voice training in Indian Jazz – Fusion – The Taller de Musics
- Acting at the world famous Herbert Berghoff (H.B.) Studios
- Filmmaking and Photography at RochesterSchool of Visual Arts
- Jazz dance at Carnegie Hall
- 13 years of Belly Dance study in Barcelona, Spain
- Kundalini Yoga and Bikram Yoga – Barcelona and Las Vegas- ongoing
- Throat singing course in Burningman Arts Festival
Awards: Carl Seashore Test
I won an award for being one of the top 5 scoring students in the entire city of Rochester, New York.
The Carl Seashore test was sponsored by the Eastman School of Music and is a test of musical ability devised by psychology professor Carl Emil Seashore. He tests five kinds of musical ability: discrimination of pitches, dissonance, rhythmical figures, and intensity; as well as an ability to remember melodies.
I am fully fluent in English and Spanish and speak conversational French.
I am an E.F.T. practitioner. (Tapping on Meridian points to shift energy and overcome phobias)
This practice is very useful for Children (and Adults too) who have issues with speaking or singing in public.
see my book: Free Your Life!